Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Rambling

I thought I'd break up all this learning with some rambling.

1) It had been a while since I had seen my friend SB online. (also known as S__ Besar. ;)) I was telling her that I had just begun to learn Indonesian at uni. She said that her Indonesian was terrible now because they don't use it at home. (tsk tsk tsk!) Anyway, I was telling her all the Indonesian I had learnt and she was impressed. Or she was just saying that it was. Anyway I told her that the teacher had said people who want to practice their Indonesian with the Indonesian National Soccer Team could sign up. My friend said that was really cool and that I should sign up. I said I wouldn't, even though I love my soccer, cos I wouldn't be able to say anything apart from, "Kenalkan, nama saya Angela" and "Saya orang Malaysia. Saya berasal dari Perth". I'm not going to understand what they're saying! But if there's a cute soccer player maybe I'll ask, "Mampir ke rumah, yuk? ;)"

2) CHL asked once if I'm related to the Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhono because a lot of the time I reply back to her, "I dunno". This time I replied to her, "Huh?" and she said, "E (her classmate) told C that the new President is Yudhono. Get it? Yudhono - I dunno." Oh. har di har har har. Very funny dear.

3) During WYD 2002, CP (Polish) and JI (Indonesian) were arguing about the Polish and Indonesian flags. CP kept arguing that Indonesia had stolen the Polish flag and just turned it upside down. Hmm...

4) To JI: "You're a terrorist! Get it? Jamah Islamiah (spell?) = JI and those are your initials!" *groans*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAME

Anonymous said...

says the person who came up with it...