Saturday, September 03, 2005

Last night Christina tested me once again on my Indonesian. This time I was able to say more stuff. Yay! lol But she totally, utterly confused me with some sentences that I didn't understand.

For example:

Chris: kita kan berbicara biasa, bukan pekerjaan rumah
Angie: is that we usually talk right, no homework?
Chris: it's something like "we're having normal conversation, not homework"

[Oh. i wonder what biasa and kan means. i thought biasa meant 'usually' as in biasnya. and kan is like.... isnt that right which is a question tag used at the end of a question. I always thought it was the last word, like, "You like this, right?"]

Chris: kan kamu murid yang rajin
Angie: murid dan rajin apa artinya?
Chris: murid = student
Chris: do you know it as 'pelajar' ?
Angie: probably
Chris: rajin = dilligent
Chris: or hardworking

[Oh. I see. I'm glad I know how to say "apa artinya?" now... :-|]

I can't believe I got an Indo work out at 12:30+ in the morning!!!!! Oh well. At least I learned something new....

1 comment:

lodestar said...

thanks! i guess its kind of shameful i only remember stuff like "minum susu" and "brushu(spell?) gigi". which is stuff i remember from play school. (yes, i remember back that far!) i know the latter phrase isnt used in indonesian, so i know how you feel!

im sure ill be able to master indonesian the same day i master malay. wont that be handy. :-/