Wednesday, August 03, 2005

back to uni

today was my first indonesian lecture for this semester. it went ok, except i couldnt remember how to count. lol i had trouble during the holidays when Christina asked me to describe her in Indonesian.

Fortunately, after much revision during the class, I actually remembered stuff. Bu Indra went over these things about how to be a good language student. I remembered what things read in Indonesian, but not how to say it. This is similar to me learning Chinese. I'm more likely to be able to read a sentence and know what it means than speak a sentence without really thinking about it because you have to think about forming the sentence. The weird thing is that I didn't have that difficulty when I was learning Japanese - which is probably the language I have excelled in learning most other than English over the years.

No comments: