Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Reflection #3

I think it's cool to have a country such as Indonesia that generally embraces different faiths more openly than too politically correct such as Australia. Or France. I could go on about this, but I'll spare you all. But if you want to know my view, then feel free to ask - but I warn you, I could go on about Western civilisation's loss via political correctness. I think multi-religious activities/events really culturally enriches a society. It's a pity that there are people who generally just are politically correct (Eg not being allowed to wear religious symbols such as crosses, jewish skull caps, or the jilbab) or people who want to harm other people because they don't share their faith (eg "muslim" terrorists). :-/

Something my uncle (who is English Australian) pointed out to me was that most of the bombers from Indonesia are from Solo (I think he said). He actually went to the city where most of the bombers were from and when he got out of the car, everyone was looking at him cos he was the only white man there. I thought that was kind of funny.

No comments: